Monday, October 5, 2009

Recording

Ok, so most people think that because you have a home studio you can record everyday, anytime you want. Yes, that's true, however, my issue is one of feeling like it, or laziness, as one may think. I'm always in the mood to work on music, it just depends on what exactly. When I'm in the mood to write, I'm usually not in the mood to make beats. I will sometimes go weeks without making beats because I'm in such a zone with tha pen. When I feel like I don't have anything good to write about or say is when I'm inseparable from my keyboard. I've been on one lately with chords...I have spells where I make a few beats a day, back to back, and before I know it, a weeks has flown by and I have a whole new folder of beats. Usually I go back and listen once I'm feelin my pen again and discover I was really on some shit! That's how "Got It In The Bag" came about. It was a beat called "Jesus Christo" that I made while my Grandmother was sick. I remembered it when I was writing for the EP months later. Since I was in a good writing groove, the words just flowed out like water. Basically, everything for me and music is based on feeling. I don't write everyday, and I don't practice my chords everyday! Big deal. It's about quality, not quanity. What good would it do me to have 500 beats sitting in my computer? I'd rather have five that someone may be interested in using. A song that can make someone break down and cry is way more important than a song that makes you "break it down to tha flo," right?

1 comment:

  1. "What good would it do me to have 500 beats sitting in my computer? I'd rather have five that someone may be interested in using."

    Ms. Vybe,

    I asked you twice about beats in Sept. on Myspace about beats (under my artist name) and you never replied..

    ReplyDelete

Hit me with ur two cents if ur bold enough...Oooh!