Sunday, October 4, 2009

Mya's Stop in Sacramento



Ok, So last Monday I'm out in the garage working on music, and listening to tha radio also. I briefly hear something about Mya and a contest, so when I heard her voice, I just grabbed the phone and dialed. Lucky me, it rings on my first call, but for almost 4 minutes! ANyway, I was caller 103 and won my way onto the "guest list". My honey was excited to go for free, plus what guy doesn't love Mya? I personally thought the night was a bust, but as a guy, my honey had a different opinion. We stood in line for at least an hour, had to tolerate bitches in my ear talkin shit and security guards buzzin aroubd after too many Rock Stars, cold ass weather...Scrubs low pro flossin in tha parkin lot, knowin they weren't even goin to the show. Then, they pack us in Azukar like some damn sardines. I seriously felt like I was in a foregin country as we stood shoulder to shoudler, pelvis to ass, tits to back. I felt like I was on a ten hour trip to get a basket's worth of sunflower seeds and rice. Some idiot with zero manners managed to get a handful of my ass, as we were on our way out...

Mya's performance was strange. She came out and took pictures onstage and drank champagne, then started this medley of songs that lasted about 8 minutes and 27 seconds. Although her voice was on point (yes, she CAN sing live), her energy and enthusiasm were low. She performed a song or two that I remember and introduced some songs from her new mixtape, in which the crowd grew quite quiet.

The only thing that saved last Thursday night for me was running into some old friends that I haven't seen in years and getting to meet Craig from VH1's "For The Love of Money".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit me with ur two cents if ur bold enough...Oooh!