Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Social Network Addiction

Although I have been tardy on almost every social network during it's begininnig, I'd have to say that I am now an addict. Seems like I spend all day tabbing between Twitter, Myspace and Facebook windows. I mean hours, sometimes. My friend Xong talked me into creating a Myspace page I think back in '05. It took months for me to add a profile picture and even longer to learn the functions of Myspace. I heard about Facebook for the last two years but barely took to it this past summer. I love the privacy of Facebook, especially since most of you don't know my real name and would never find me and try to get into my "personal" life. My most recent infatuation is with Twitter. My honey Jacc Movez has been telling me for months to use it to promote my music since I had a cd coming out. By the way, it's now out and u can find 'Poker Face, The Ep' @ Dimple Records in Sacramento, Roseville, Elk Grove and Davis, all in California. For those of you outside of tha 916, u can listen to snippets and purchase it through my page @ www.reverbnation.com/msvybe916. Ok, enough of the pluggin...

I wonder sometimes when I'll realize how spending so much of my time within these networks is a waste because it's like a Catch 22. On an average day I'll send 100 video comments (gotta plug those live performances) and add 3 times as many friends on Myspace. I frantically check my Facebook every 12 minutes hoping I have tens of notifications and wall posts. And Twitter! I was so against Twitter it was like I was campaigning against them. Now I get it, get how it works, but don't get why I'm so caught up...Trending topics...mentions...followers. That's a lot of shit to keep up with. I use all three to promote my music, but I could probably write and produce a few more pieces if I wasn't so busy and distracted in what I call cyber heaven. Youtube is also in the mix, but we'll save that for next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit me with ur two cents if ur bold enough...Oooh!